Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Arrow by Peacock

The day I died was the day I lived, metaphorically, that is.
I found a hollow tree in the woods while running, I had to hide in it to get away.
Someone was chasing me.
It took everything I had to not cry from the terror.
How did I get myself into this?  Now I remember.
I was playing a game with my sister in the woods.  She was running deeper in, I had to stop her.  She kept shouting back to me,"Come and catch me."
But I couldn't, she ran too far ahead of me.  Soon, she stopped shouting.
I kept quiet, as I peered over the bushes to find my sister, on the ground, with an arrow in her stomach, covered in a thin black veil with primrose petals.
I'm sure she's dead.
There was figure standing over her.  Maybe a woman, with a blue velvet hood, holding a bow.
I stepped forward to get a better look at the woman, and twig snaps.
She threw her head my way, her face was unseeable, but her eyes were as red as blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that all of our comments are moderated.