Monday, September 29, 2014

On Puppet Strings by Magpie

Here I stand in an empty room
In an empty apartment, with an empty soul
I will eventually recover and glance at my doom
But for now I will remain empty and be dwarfed by their goal

I am waiting and waiting and-- there it is
I get to leave now and I'd rather be dead
Sealed my fate with a death kiss
I am only weak now, don't let it go to your head

The children are acting on puppet stages
Their minds are programmed to be the same
But I have lived through many more ages
Compared to me, the lion is tame

I have been called to the ring
Of murder and glory and gore
Through my opponent's screams, I sing
Wearing the color I adore

Now I am back in my room and terrified 
Of everything that their hiding inside
Though the enemies all have died
I am more scared of being alone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that all of our comments are moderated.